1. ♥’Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.’
2. ‘As I have said, the first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself… Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility.’
3. ‘The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.’
4. ‘We learned about gratitude and humility-that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean… and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect.’ There are some key for self motivation.
5. I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.’
Those who are self-motivated are also advocates of discipline. Without this mind set, it’s not possible to follow a regular routine of exercise, a healthy diet, or do anything else which requires daily effort, like working toward the achievement of your goals.
You might be fighting feelings of excess stress, depression, or low self-esteem. These mental challenges compromise your desire to accomplish your goals. You might have a physical reason for your lack of motivation — low energy caused by poor nutrition, lack of exercise, or not enough sleep.
Adding nutritious foods and vitamin supplements to your diet, exercising, and acquiring good sleep habits can go a long way towards increasing your energy. Daily meditation can reduce stress, promote feelings of well being, raise your self-esteem, and increase your energy.