Add healthy calories
The most important thing you can do to gain weight is to create a calorie surplus, meaning you eat more calories than your body needs.
You can determine your calorie needs using this calorie calculator.
If you want to gain weight slowly and steadily, aim for 300–500 calories more than you burn each day according to the calculator.
If you want to gain weight fast, aim for around 700–1,000 calories above your maintenance level.
You don’t need to drastically change your diet. You can increase calories by adding nut or seed toppings, cheese, and healthy side dishes. Try almonds, sunflower seeds, fruit, or whole-grain, wheat toast.
Keep in mind that calorie calculators only provide estimates. Your needs may vary by several hundred calories per day, give or take.
Go nutrient dense
The single most important nutrient for gaining healthy weight is protein.
Instead of eating empty calories and junk food, eat foods that are rich in nutrients. Consider high-protein meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others. which can help you to build muscle. Protein supplements Also, choose nutritious carbohydrates, such as brown rice and other whole grains. This helps ensure your body is receiving as much nourishment as possible, even if you’re dealing with a reduced appetite
- Don’t drink water before meals.
This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories.
- If you’re really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories.
- Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
Try weight gainer shakes.
- Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
- Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you’re trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.